Richard E. Byrd School Home Page
Richard E. Byrd School  640 Doremus Avenue, Glen Rock, NJ 07452 
 

District Phone Number:
201-445-7700

Byrd Main Office           8994
Attendance Office:        7714
Nurse's Office:               5023
.

History of Byrd School
 

The Richard E. Byrd Elementary School was established in 1915 as School #2, consisting of four rooms for up to 72 students.


In 1931, it was rebuilt to accommodate increasing enrollment, and it was at this time that its name was officially changed to the Richard E. Byrd Elementary School in honor of the famous explorer of the North and South poles.

It was decided at that time that the school colors would be gold for the sun and white for the ice at the Pole. The penguin who inhabits these icy regions became the school mascot.

The next and last addition to the school was completed in 1958. Since then there have been numerous improvements throughout the school, both within the building and on the surrounding grounds. The Byrd School community includes students, staff, parent volunteers, and an active and supportive Home and School Association

 

Site Map | Privacy Policy | View "printer-friendly" page | Login   In Japanese  In Korean  En français  Auf Deutsch  In italiano   No português  En español  In Russian  
Site powered by SchoolFusion.com © 2014 - Educational website content management